LOCATION: Office of the Deputy National Commissioner: Management Advisory Services (Pretoria)
REFERENCES: NC06/08/2019 (1 post)
Must not have visible tattoos when wearing the summer uniform (General Worker, Secretaries and
Admin Clerks excluded)
Must have no previous convictions or cases pending.
Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint
Additional Post Requirements:
A Grade 10 qualification will serve as an advantage.
Basic literacy, numeracy and communication skills.
Be able to read and write.
The ability to operate elementary machines and equipment.
Willing to work extended hours when necessary.
Maintaining of a high level of hygiene in and around the SAPS premises where routine tasks are to
be performed, which may include either inner or outer parameters. Performing routine tasks such as
dusting, polishing furniture and floors, removing refuse bags. Mopping of all tiled flooring. Cleaning
bathrooms and kitchens daily. Washing of kitchenware and utensils. Safekeeping and handling of a
variety of cleaning materials. Wearing of stipulated work wear. Making tea for meetings, catering for
meetings. Delivering and picking up documents.
Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website and at SAPS recruitment
offices) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions
on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
- Certified copies of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate and all educational qualifications
obtained, service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant
experience in the field of the post and motor vehicle driver’s license (if applicable).
- The copies must be correctly certified on the copy itself, not at the back. The certification
must not be older than three months.
- Qualifications and driver’s licences submitted will be subjected to verification checking
with the relevant institutions. The South African
Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference
- Appointments will be made in terms of the SAPS Act, 1995 or Public Service Act, 1994 as
applicable to the post environment.
- Applicants appointed under the Police Service Act will be subjected to a medical
assessment by a medical practitioner as determined by SAPS prescripts.
- Applicants appointed under the Police Service Act will be subjected to undergo a lateral
entry training programme at a SAPS training institution, where applicable.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- The closing date for applications is 13 September 2019.
- If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview as
well as a practical assessment.
- Reference checking will be conducted on all short listed applicants.
- Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms
of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No
32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate, whose
particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child
Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
- All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been
contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your
application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement
How to Apply
- The SAPS application forms can be obtained from any SAPS Recruitment Office within the
South African Police Service.
- Download Application Form Here
Hand delivered applications may only be submitted at Opera Plaza, Annex Building, Cnr
Pretorius & Banklane Street, Pretoria. Application must be deposited into the box
available at the reception area.
Applications forwarded by post to be addressed to: The Section Head: Corporate Support,
(Attention: Lt Col JL Shandu/ Capt SJ Matlopela), Corporate Support, South African
Police Service, Private Bag X 94, Pretoria, 0001.
Enquiries can be directed to Lt Col JL Shandu/ Capt SJ Matlopela/ W/O TB Tshabalala/
SPO KK Mashiloane at telephone: (012) 393 4273/ 4501 3461.